Sunday 14 March 2010

THE BLACK AND WHITE

There would have to be a tanker sheep!!


And a tanker pig!!


A favourite CB Tanker.



From the CB Tanker I am hoping to create a large floor piece. This is part of the model for it.





This is one of my favourites, a Crosslands Tanker at the Waste and Recycling Show at Paignton. This image (as with all of the images), is untouched by me. The shapes (and everyone sees something different in them) are created because the tanker was under a tree and this is the shadow. I see two old crones with a baby in a cradle - Rosemary's baby?



The shadow of the ladder on the tanker makes an interesting shape. Here I am collecting elements and imagery for my final pieces. I very often work in black and white in my sketchbook, adding colour later.

There is a little blob of scarlet glitter on the end of the 'cigar' in the 'hand'. Can you see the cigar or is it just me??

'You must understand the whole of life,
not just one little part of it
That is why you must read,
That is why you must look at the skies,
That is why you must sing and dance,
and write poems, and suffer,
and understand, for all that is life.'
Jiddu Krishnamurti, philosopher (1895 - 1986).






No comments: